This week in the Mindful Chef kitchen we have been cooking up some more superfood cookies, we're sure you will love our crunchy almond butter & chia seed cookies! Chia seeds have become one of the most popular superfoods as they are packed with Omega-3 fats, fibre, protein and vitamins, and are an excellent source of energy. We’ve combined chia seeds with cocoa nibs for a super nutrient-packed cookie! Cocoa nibs are unprocessed cocoa beans, broken into little pieces - full of magnesium, potassium & iron - these are a fantastic healthy alternative to chocolate chips.
Here's the recipe for 10-12 cookies:
- 270g crunchy almond butter (we use Meridian as it’s made of 100% roasted nuts with no added oil)
- 100g coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsps cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the almond butter, coconut palm sugar and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl and mix together until all ingredients are combined, then beat in the egg to form a dough. Stir in the chia seeds and cocoa nibs.
- Form the cookie dough into 10-12 balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the balls with your palm to form a cookie shape (they will expand a bit when cooking).
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins until lightly golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes, place on a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
You might also want to check out our Matcha and Cashew Nut cookies as they are equally delicious!