Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 506 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 16g / C: 46g / F: 35g
- 80g dried brown lentils
- 1 fennel head
- 1 red onion
- 1 apple
- 1 avocado
- 15g walnuts (nuts)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (mustard)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- Handful of fresh parsley
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Boil a kettle and rinse the lentils. Place in a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-30 mins until tender. "
- Finely slice the onion and the fennel. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly. Cut the apple into matchsticks. Roughly chop the parsley. "
- Toast the walnuts; place the walnuts on a baking tray in the oven for 5-10 mins, checking that they do not toast too much. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins, then add the fennel for 3 mins until beginning to soften.
- To make the dressing; in a bowl, mix the Dijon mustard with the apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Drain the lentils, place in a separate bowl with the onion and fennel, the apple matchsticks and the parsley. Combine well and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve on two plates and top with the avocado, scatter over the toasted walnuts and drizzle over the dressing.