Ginger and garlic infused beef broth with sliced organic beef steak and nutrient packed courgetti noodles, a lighter and healthier alternative to starchy noodles
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 524 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 180g organic beef steak
- 1 beef stock cube (celery)
- 1 red pepper
- 100g baby sweetcorn
- 300g courgette
- Handful of coriander
- 20g cashew nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4cm ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop the garlic and peel and chop the ginger. Roughly chop the coriander and the cashew nuts. Thinly slice the red pepper, trim the baby sweetcorn and slice in half lengthways.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the beef stock in 400ml boiling water.
- Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- In a large pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic and ginger on a medium heat for 1 min, then add the baby sweetcorn and red pepper and cook for 2 mins. Then pour in the beef stock, chilli flakes and courgetti. Simmer for 5 mins until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- Thinly slice the steak. Spoon the Asian soup and vegetables into two bowls and top with the sliced steak. Sprinkle over the cashew nuts and coriander.