Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 493 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 38g / C: 23g / F: 27g
- 2 x 150g organic beef mince
- 1 aubergine
- 280g courgette
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 200g tomato passata
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 40g rocket
- 140g cherry tomatoes
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely chop the garlic and finely dice the onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and peel the courgette into ribbons with a peeler.
- Finely slice the aubergine lengthways into as many strips as possible. Spread the slices out onto a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp oil, season with sea salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened.
- Then place the aubergine in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Add the beef mince to the pan with the onion and garlic and fry on a high heat for 5-10 mins until browned. Then turn down the heat and add the dried oregano, passata and half of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced.
- When the aubergine is cooked, construct your lasagne by placing 2 pieces of aubergine parallel and slightly overlapping on the plate as the base, followed by a few courgette ribbons laid flat and a spoonful of beef and repeat.
- Serve alongside the rocket and cherry tomatoes, and drizzle with the remaining balsamic vinegar.