A light summer supper of basil & butter bean ragu layered with juicy tomatoes & earthy aubergine, scattered with pine nuts, and served with crisp green asparagus.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 446 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tomatoes
- 140g asparagus
- 200g passata
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 1.5 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g pine nuts (nuts)
- Handful of fresh basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 8. Finely chop the garlic and half of the basil and drain the butter beans.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the garlic for 2 mins. Then stir in the beans, passata, sundried tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil, and cook for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Thinly slice the aubergine and tomato into rounds.
- Spoon the bean mixture into an oven-proof dish, and layer over the aubergine and tomato slices to cover. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the asparagus. Steam the asparagus in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water for 6 mins until tender.
- Serve the aubergine, tomato and butter bean ratatouille on a warm plate alongside the asparagus and sprinkle over the pine nuts and remaining basil.