Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 476 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 20g / C: 48g / F: 23g
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tomatoes
- 140g tenderstem broccoli
- 200g passata
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g pine nuts
- Handful of fresh basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7. Finely chop the garlic and half of the basil and drain the butter beans.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic for 2 mins. Then stir in the beans, passata, sundried tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil, and cook for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Thinly slice the aubergine and tomato into rounds.
- Spoon the bean mixture into an oven-proof dish, and layer over the aubergine and tomato slices to cover. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle and trim the tenderstem. Steam the tenderstem in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins until tender.
- Serve the aubergine, tomato and butter bean ratatouille on two warm plates alongside the tenderstem. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and the remaining basil.