Figs adds a burst of sweetness to the warming blend of Baharat spices, and provides a wealth of minerals including potassium for maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 535 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 51g / C: 48g / F: 18g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 80g buckwheat
- 1 tbsp baharat spice (mustard)
- 2 figs
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 20g pistachios (nuts)
- Handful of fresh parsley
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- In a bowl, mix together the baharat spice and 1 tbsp oil. Place the chicken in the bowl and coat in the spice. Place the chicken on a baking tray and put in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Trim the tenderstem and slice in half. Cut the figs into quarters. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and roughly chop the parsley. Roughly chop the pistachios.
- On a separate baking tray to the chicken, place the tenderstem and figs and drizzle with 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for the last 10 mins of the chicken cooking time.
- Drain the buckwheat and stir in the cherry tomatoes, the parsley, balsamic vinegar and half of the chopped pistachios. Season with black pepper.
- Spoon the tomato & parsley buckwheat on two warm plates, top with the baharat spiced chicken and sprinkle over the remaining chopped pistachios. Serve alongside the tenderstem and the roasted figs.