Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 598 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 13g / C: 76g / F: 21g
- 80g buckwheat
- 300g sweet potato
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 4 figs
- 40g rocket
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 20g walnuts (nuts)
- Handful of thyme
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into 2cm cubes and slice the figs in half. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprig. Trim and slice the sugar snap peas in half lengthways.
- Rinse the buckwheat and place in a pan of 300ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place the figs on one half of a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil, the maple syrup and sprinkle over the thyme leaves. On the other half of the baking tray place the walnuts. After the sweet potatoes have been cooking for 5 mins, place the figs and walnuts in the oven for the remaining 10 mins.
- Drain the buckwheat and place in a bowl with the sweet potatoes, sugar snap peas, rocket, balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Place the buckwheat mix on two warm plates, top with the roasted figs and sprinkle over the walnuts.