Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 524 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 42g / C: 40g / F: 23g
- 2 x 150g salmon fillet (fish)
- 2 eggs
- 80g millet
- 140g asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp organic seaweed salad
- 60g spinach
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a jug of 400ml boiling water. Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins, then stir through the spinach for 2 mins until wilted.
- Thinly slice half of the lemon and cut the slices in half. Trim the asparagus.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, layer over the lemon slices and drizzle over 1 tsp oil on each fillet. Place the asparagus alongside, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with black pepper. Place the baking tray in the oven for 12-15 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
- Heat a separate saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
- Drain the spinach millet and stir through the juice from the remaining lemon.
- Spoon the spinach millet onto two plates and place a salmon fillet on top, sprinkle over the crispy seaweed salad. Serve alongside the asparagus, topped with the poached egg and a sprinkle of sea salt.