Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 481 | Type: Gluten-Free
170g organic beef steak
200g butternut squash
70g cherry tomatoes
30g chestnut mushrooms
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1/4 beef stock cube (celery)
1 garlic clove
2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Halve the tomatoes and roughly chop the thyme leaves. Finely chop the garlic and finely slice the mushrooms. Peel and cut the squash into 1cm pieces.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tsp oil, cook in the oven for 15 mins.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve 1/4 of the beef stock cube in 50ml boiling water.
- Add the squash to a saucepan of boiling water and boil for 10 mins, then add the spinach and simmer for a further 1 min. Drain and mash with a potato masher (or the back of a fork).
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- In the same frying pan on a medium heat, add the garlic and mushrooms for 3 mins, then add the balsamic vinegar, beef stock, mustard and thyme and cook for 3 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Cut the steak into thin slices, arrange on a plate and spoon over the balsamic & mushroom sauce. Serve alongside the squash & spinach mash and tomatoes.