The smoky flavour of this dish comes from super spice paprika, which is packed with Vitamin A, essential for good eyesight.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 461 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 42g / C: 32g / F: 22g
- 240g haricot beans (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 140g courgette
- 200g sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g passata
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the onion and thinly slice the courgette into half moons. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a bowl and toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt, then place on a baking tray in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat and add the garlic and onion, cook for 3 mins. Then add the courgette and smoked paprika and cook for 3 mins.
- Drain the beans and add to the vegetables, along with the passata and maple syrup. Leave to simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado, then thinly slice.
- Serve the barbecue beans on two warm plates. Top with the sliced avocado and squeeze over the juice from the lime. Serve alongside the sweet potato wedges.