Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 507 | Type: Gluten-Free
180g free-range chicken breast
1/2 red onion
15g pine nuts
Handful of basil
1 garlic clove
30g sundried tomatoes
- Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgette noodles using a julienne peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a spiralizer if you have one).
- To make the homemade pesto: finely chop the basil leaves and half of the pine nuts. Mix the basil and pine nuts in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Finely slice the red onion, finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Thinly slice the chicken breast.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins on a medium heat. Then add the sliced chicken to the pan and cook for 8 mins.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Then add the courgetti to the pan with the homemade pesto for a further 2 mins.
- To serve, spoon the chicken pesto courgetti into a warm bowl and sprinkle over the remaining pine nuts.