Our chicken courgetti is sprinkled with pine nuts, loaded with magnesium for boosting energy and calming anxiety.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 488 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 50g / C: 20g / F: 26g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 300g courgette
- 1 red onion
- 80g spinach
- 20g pine nuts
- Handful of basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 60g sundried tomatoes
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgette noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- To make the homemade pesto; finely chop the basil leaves and half of the pine nuts. Mix the basil and pine nuts in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Finely slice the onion, finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins. Then add the sliced chicken to the pan and cook for 8 mins.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Then add the courgetti to the pan and stir through the homemade pesto, cook for a further 2 mins.
- To serve, spoon the chicken pesto courgetti into two warm bowls and sprinkle over the remaining pine nuts.