These moreish mini bean burgers with crushed avocado have an aubergine 'bun' - providing an extra dose of vitamins to your meal and reducing those heavy carbs.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 442 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 15g / C: 42g / F: 25g
- 240g mixed beans (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 150g beetroot
- 1 avocado
- 40g rocket
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Finely chop the garlic and finely dice the onion. Slice the aubergine into 0.5 cm thick rounds. Drain the mixed beans.
- Peel and chop the beetroot into 1 cm pieces. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, place in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil and fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened. Add the beans to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins. Then mash the beans and place in a bowl. Leave to cool for a few mins.
- Place the aubergine rounds on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Season the bean mix with sea salt and black pepper and mix in half of the balsamic vinegar. Form into 4 burgers. Heat the same frying pan on a medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the bean burgers for 4-5 mins each side on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and crush in a bowl with a fork.
- Serve each bean burger with a spoonful of avocado on top and place in between two aubergine slices (to act as a bun). Serve alongside the rocket and scatter over the roasted beetroot, sunflower seeds and drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar.