This quick cucumber pickle accompanying the tender beef is made using tangy apple cider vinegar, widely regarded for its incredible health-giving properties.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 572 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 46g / C: 46g / F: 26g
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 80g brown rice
- 1 baby cucumber
- 60g radishes
- Handful of coriander
- 2 tbsp peanut paste (peanuts/nuts/sesame)
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- 8 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Cut each steak into 4 slices lengthways. Mix together 1 tbsp oil with half of the tamari in a bowl, add the beef and leave to marinate until needed.
- Meanwhile, make the pickled cucumber. Prepare the cucumber ribbons using a peeler and slice the cucumber into long thin strips. Mix the apple cider vinegar with the maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Then add the cucumber ribbons and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- To make the peanut satay sauce; in a bowl, mix the peanut paste with the juice from the lime. Add 1 tbsp of water if desired for a thinner consistency.
- Thread each slice of beef onto a skewer lengthways. Heat a griddle pan on a medium-high heat and cook the beef skewers for 2-3 mins each side until cooked.
- Cut the radishes into matchsticks and roughly chop the coriander. Drain the brown rice and stir through the radishes, coriander and remaining tamari.
- Place 4 beef satay skewers on each plate and drizzle over the peanut sauce. Spoon out the pickled cucumber from the vinegar marinade and place next to the beef skewers, alongside the rice with radishes.