These burgers are bursting with black beans and beetroot, providing high levels of iron and antioxidants to help detoxify the liver. We've served these burgers on baked portobello mushrooms instead of bread buns alongside crispy sweet potato fries.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 570 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 26g / C: 74g / F: 17g
- 240g black beans (drained)
- 100g beetroot
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 40g lamb's lettuce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (mustard)
- 300g sweet potato
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely chop the garlic clove and dice the onion.
- Leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato into fries and place on a baking tray with a pinch of sea salt and 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
- Put the mushrooms on a baking tray with a drizzle of 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for the last 10 mins of cooking time of the fries.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the beetroot. Drain the black beans. In a frying pan, add 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, and fry the onion and half of the garlic for 5 mins. Then add the beetroot and black beans for 4 mins. Place the mixture in a bowl and crush with a potato masher to roughly mash the beans. Stir in the chickpea flour and sundried tomato paste. Season and form into 4 burgers.
- In the same frying pan, add 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the beetroot & bean burgers for 3-4 mins each side.
- To make a dressing; mix the apple cider vinegar with the dijon mustard and 1 tsp olive oil. Season with black pepper.
- Serve each beetroot & bean burger on a portobello mushroom and serve alongside the sweet potato fries and lamb's lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing.