Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 572 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 80g quinoa
- 200g beetroot
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame)
- 1 fennel head
- 1 orange
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan with 300ml of boiling water and simmer for 15-20 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in bowl, mash for a minute with a potato masher or the back of a fork until all chickpeas are crushed. Peel and grate the beetroot and add to the bowl.
- To the bowl of chickpeas and beetroot add the chickpea flour, garlic, cumin seeds, half the tahini and half of the chopped parsley. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Form the chickpea mixture into 12 balls and place in the oven on a baking tray for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, very finely slice the fennel and peel and slice the orange into segments. Mix the fennel and orange together in a bowl with the remaining tahini and 1/2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Drain the cooked quinoa, season and stir through the remaining chopped parsley. Spoon the parsley quinoa onto a warm plate, top with the beetroot falafels and serve alongside the fennel and orange slaw.