These delicious borlotti bean balls are made with wild garlic, and served on a bed of roasted cherry tomatoes and courgetti noodles, our favourite replacement for pasta.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 512 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g borlotti beans (drained)
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 20g wild garlic
- 1 red onion
- 180g cherry tomatoes
- 300g courgettes
- 300g sweet potato
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Cut the red onion into small chunks. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Place the red onion, sweet potato and cherry tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the wild garlic. Drain the beans and add to a bowl, mash with a potato masher until all beans are crushed. Stir in the wild garlic, chickpea flour, balsamic vinegar and season. Shape the mix into 10-12 small balls.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil and fry the bean balls for 10 mins, turning frequently, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm. In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil and cook the courgetti with a pinch of sea salt and for 3 mins until softened slightly.
- To serve, place the courgetti onto two plates, spoon over the roasted onion, sweet potato and tomato and top with the borlotti bean balls.