Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 447 | Type: Gluten-Free
120g black beans (drained)
1 garlic clove
100g cherry tomatoes
150g sweet potato
100g chestnut mushrooms
1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
Handful of coriander
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220C and boil a kettle. Cut the sweet potato in half lengthways and add to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then remove from the water and place on a baking tray, rub with 1 tsp oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the shallot, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug of 200ml boiling water.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil, and cook the shallot on a low-medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic, paprika and ground coriander to the shallot pan and cook for 30 seconds on a medium heat. Then add the tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Drain the black beans. Once the sauce is boiling, add the mushrooms and black beans, and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the baked sweet potato alongside the bean chilli and top with the fresh coriander.