Serves 2 | Gluten-free
These pancakes are not only a brunch and breakfast favourite, but make a delicious dessert too, keeping you full for hours afterwards thanks to the protein-packed ingredients. They are super-speedy and can be made in just 15 minutes!
This recipe makes 4 pancakes, 2 per person, and they are delicious drizzled with a little maple syrup, a natural sugar containing antioxidants.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- Handful of blueberries
- Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Peel the bananas and mash in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork.
- To make the pancake batter, mix the eggs into the mashed banana and add the ground flaxseeds and ground almonds. Stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with 1/2 tablespoon of oil (you’ll need to cook them in batches) and spoon in a quarter of the mixture for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until turning golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes as they are, or drizzle with the maple syrup.
This recipe is taken from our cookbook Mindful Chef: Eat Well, Live Better.