Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 625 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 20g / C: 83g / F: 27g
- 120g chickpeas (drained)
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 150g courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 60g rocket
- Handful of basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. In a bowl, mix the chia seeds with 6 tbsps cold water and leave for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the red onion and slice the courgette into long thin strips. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. Finely slice the basil.
- Mix the buckwheat flour with the chia mix, a pinch of sea salt and 8 tbsps cold water to form a soft dough. Halve the dough and spread out on a sheet of baking paper into a pizza shape (15cm diameter) on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the pizzas in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas, add to a bowl with the garlic, 2 tsp oil and 2 tbsps cold water, then season. Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until crushed. Stir the basil into the hummus.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, fry the onion for 5 mins, then add half of the balsamic vinegar and cook for 3 mins.
- Drizzle the courgette strips with 1 tsp oil. Heat griddle pan on a medium heat and cook the courgette for 2-3 mins each side.
- To serve, place the pizza on two plates. Spread the hummus over the pizza, top with the courgette, onions and avocado. Drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar and serve alongside the rocket.