A delicious homemade gluten-free fajita made with buckwheat flour and bursting with black beans, grated carrot, tomatoes, gem lettuce & drizzled with coconut sauce.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 527 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 23g / C: 59g / F: 18g
- 240g black beans (drained)
- 80g buckwheat flour
- 100g carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 1 gem lettuce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 20g creamed coconut (sulphites)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Place the buckwheat flour in a bowl and gradually add 160ml water, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends, and finely chop the tomatoes. Roughly slice the gem lettuce, removing the root end. Peel and grate the carrot. Drain the black beans.
- To make two fajitas; in a large frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and ladle in half of the buckwheat batter to form a large thin pancake. Cook for 3 mins until turning golden, then flip over and cook for a further 3 mins. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep warm until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the spring onions for 2 mins. Then add the black beans, tomatoes, paprika and half of the juice from the lime. Season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 7 mins.
- Boil a kettle. In a bowl, dissolve the creamed coconut with 20ml boiling water and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Place the buckwheat fajitas on two warm plates, top with the lettuce, then spoon over the black beans and tomatoes. Sprinkle over the grated carrot and drizzle over the coconut sauce.