This vibrant warm buckwheat & pomegranate salad is topped with crispy harissa chickpeas and griddled courgettes. We love buckwheat as it's a delicious gluten-free ancient grain & superfood!
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 499 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 60g buckwheat
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 140g courgette
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 40g rocket
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 lemon
- 20g pistachios (nuts)
- 120g carrot
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and boil a kettle.
- Thinly slice the courgette, and peel and grate the carrot. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- In a bowl mix the chickpeas with the harissa paste and 1 tbsp oil and spread out on a baking tray. Place into the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Place the courgette slices into a bowl and mix in a pinch of sea salt and 1/2 tbsp oil. Heat up a griddle pan (or frying pan) and cook the courgettes for 1-2 mins each side until slightly softened.
- Drain the buckwheat and stir through the pomegranate molasses, pistachios, grated carrot and pomegranate seeds. Season and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the rocket on a plate, top with the pomegranate and carrot buckwheat, followed by the harissa chickpeas. Serve alongside the grilled courgette.