Cajun spiced chicken with crushed avocado and grated beetroot & tahini slaw, packed into gem lettuce tacos with crispy baked carrot fries on the side. Delicious!
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 540 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g chicken breast
- 2 tsp cajun spice (mustard)
- 400g carrots
- 100g beetroot
- 2 tsp tahini (sesame)
- 1 lemon
- 2 gem lettuces
- 1 avocado
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Peel and cut the carrots into fries.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and sprinkle over half of the cajun spice and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil, mix well. Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
- Slice the chicken into strips and place in a bowl with the remaining cajun spice and 1/2 tbsp oil and season with sea salt. Toss the chicken making sure it is well coated. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add the chicken, cook for 10 mins turning often, until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, peel and grate the raw beetroot. Mix the tahini in with the beetroot and half of the lemon juice.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and scoop into a bowl. Roughly mash with a fork and mix with the remaining lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To prepare the lettuce wrap, cut the base of each lettuce at the head, carefully peeling it away so it stays in one piece. Use 2-3 leaves per wrap.
- To assemble the tacos, place equal quantities of the grated beetroot in the lettuce leaves and top with the avocado and chicken strips. Serve alongside the carrot fries.