Californian-style buckwheat & sweet potato noodles with sautéed tofu, carrot matchsticks, courgette ribbons & a chilli miso maple dressing.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 453 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 24g / C: 60g / F: 15g
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 110g buckwheat & sweet potato noodles
- 150g carrot
- 200g courgette
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 2 tbsp sweet miso paste (soya)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lime
- Handful of fresh mint
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Drain and rinse the tofu, pat dry with paper towel.
- Peel the carrot and cut into matchsticks. Finely chop the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare courgette ribbons using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the tofu for 5 mins, then add the tamari to the pan and fry for a further 2 mins, then add the carrot matchsticks and fry for another 3 mins until the carrot has softened slightly.
- Boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the buckwheat & sweet potato noodles with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 5 mins. Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, mix the sweet miso paste with the juice from the lime and the maple syrup.
- In a bowl, mix the noodles with the tofu, carrot, courgette ribbons and chopped chilli. Roughly tear the mint leaves and add to the bowl with the miso sauce, stir to combine.
- Serve the Californian-style buckwheat noodles, tofu, carrot & courgette on a warm plate.