Juicy chargrilled apricots with roasted leeks, chicory and crunchy kale, served on a bed of protein rich red kidney beans & quinoa.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 532 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 21g / C: 67g / F: 19g
- 240g red kidney beans (drained)
- 100g red quinoa
- 4 apricots
- 1 chicory
- 1 leek
- 80g green beans
- 60g kale
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 stock cube (celery)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the stock cube in 400ml boiling water.
- Thinly slice the leek, removing the root end. Roughly chop the kale, removing the tough stalks. Trim the green beans. Slice the root end off the chicory and cut into quarters.
- Rinse the red quinoa and place in a saucepan with the vegetable stock, simmer for 10 mins. Drain the beans and add to the pan with the quinoa and simmer for another 5 mins, then drain.
- Place the leek, kale, green beans and chicory on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until softened and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the apricots in half, remove the stone, and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Preheat a griddle pan on a medium heat and cook the apricot halves for 3-4 mins each side until softened.
- Make a dressing by mixing the pomegranate molasses with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, stir the vegetables into the bean quinoa. Spoon onto two warm plates, top with the griddled apricots and drizzle over the pomegranate dressing.