We've chargrilled antioxidant packed cauliflower steaks taken from the centre, and drizzled in a parsley lemon sauce.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 441 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 17g / C: 47g / F: 23g
- 240g cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 cauliflower
- 160g tenderstem broccoli
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 50g pitted black olives
- 20g capers
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Pull any leaves off the cauliflower and trim the stem. Slice two 1-2cm thick 'steaks' from the centre of the cauliflower, from the base to the top. Then roughly chop the remaining cauliflower into small pieces.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half, and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Trim the tenderstem.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the roughly chopped cauliflower for 5 mins until browned and softened. Then add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives and capers for 2 mins.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, and add to the cauliflower pan with half of the juice from the lemon and season. Cook for 7 mins.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil over the cauliflower steaks and tenderstem. Preheat a griddle pan (or BBQ) on a medium-high heat, and cook the cauliflower steaks for 10 mins, turning occasionally. After 5 mins, add the tenderstem to the pan and cook for 5 mins.
- To make the parsley sauce; finely chop the parsley, add to a bowl with the remaining lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp oil. Season.
- To serve, spoon the cannellini beans onto two warm plates, top with the tenderstem then a cauliflower steak. Drizzle with the parsley lemon sauce.