Chia seeds have become increasingly popular over the past few years, but why should you be including them in your diet? These little seeds pack a punch when it comes to nutrition and we've teamed up with our friends at WOW - the creators of delicious, functional cold-pressed juices with a tablespoon of chia seeds in each bottle - to spread the word!
5 reasons to love chia
1. Chia seed contain Omega-3. Essential fatty acids help to fight inflammation, contributing to proper brain function and good vision. Each bottle of wow boasts 2.4mg of the good stuff.
2. Chia seeds have a high fibre content, not only keeping you fuller for longer but also positively affecting the absorption of natural sugars found in wow juice, preventing blood sugar spikes. No more 4pm slumps.
3. A complete source of plant protein? No whey! Chia seeds contain all 9 essential amino acids which is pretty rare amongst plant-based proteins. Plus they have 17g per 100g. Wow's signature green juice packs 7.25g of protein, more than a medium sized egg!
4. Due to its high magnesium content, chia seeds are great for fighting fatigue the natural way. Whilst it urges your body to create energy so you can be out & about, it also helps with you hitting the sack and get that beauty sleep bagged.
5. One of our favourite facts about chia seeds is that they absorb thirty times their weight in water, keeping your muscles, skin & body hydrated.
Next time you pick up a juice, avoid the sugar rush and opt for Wow, which have around 33% less sugar than regular fruit juice! What’s more the functional benefits make this swap a no-brainer; bursting with plant-based protein, fibre, antioxidants and omega-3’s! Find out where you can pick up a bottle here.
Fancy using chia in a savoury recipe? Then check out our buckwheat chia pizza with hummus & chargrilled courgette recipe here.