A Spanish-style roasted chicken thigh paella made with superfood quinoa instead of white rice, and studded with black olives, orange pepper and artichoke hearts.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 565 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 41g / C: 47g / F: 25g
- 2 x 150g chicken thighs
- 80g quinoa
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 80g artichoke hearts
- 60g black olives
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 chicken stock cube (celery)
- 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
- Finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the orange pepper. Halve the cherry tomatoes and roughly chop the parsley leaves. Cut the lemon in half, keep half for the juice and chop the remaining half into 4 wedges.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray or ovenproof dish. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and black pepper, a quarter of the smoked paprika and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place the chicken thighs in the oven for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan on a medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins. Rinse the quinoa and add to the pan with the chicken stock, paprika and orange pepper, simmer for 10 mins with the lid on.
- Then remove the lid, stir in the tomatoes, olives, artichokes and the juice from the remaining lemon and simmer for a further 5 mins until the liquid has all been absorbed. Add more boiling water if needed. Then stir through half of the parsley and season with black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa paella into two warm bowls, top with the chicken and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.