A super healthy version of the curry house favourite, we've teamed this light tikka masala with cauli rice, packed with vitamin C for boosting the immune system.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 513 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 49g / C: 14g / F: 30g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 200g cauli rice
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 40g spinach
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste (nuts/mustard)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds (mustard)
- 40g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 10g coconut chips (sulphites)
- Handful of fresh coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 150ml boiling water.
- Thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the tomatoes and the coriander. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat and add the black mustard seeds for 1 min, then add the onion for 5 mins until softened. Then stir in the tikka masala paste for 1 min. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the paste, cook for 5 mins until golden.
- Add the creamed coconut and tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 8 mins. Then stir in the spinach and cook for a further 2 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the coconut chips on a medium-high heat for 3 mins until turning golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the cauli rice and 1 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins. Then stir through the coriander and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the cauli rice with coriander on two warm plates and spoon over the chicken tikka masala. Sprinkle over the toasted coconut chips.