Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 575 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 340g organic flank steak
- 300g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 140g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook our Chimichurri steak in less than 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220C and boil a kettle.
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthways and add to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then remove from the water and place on a baking tray, rub with 1 tsp oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the red pepper on a baking tray and stuff with the cherry tomatoes, drizzle over 1/2 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- While the steak is resting, finely chop the parsley, garlic clove and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Mix with the oregano, 1/2 tsp olive oil, the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, thinly slice the steak, and spoon over the chimichurri sauce. Serve alongside the baked sweet potato and red pepper stuffed with tomatoes.
Want to try our tasty chimichurri steak and two other quick and easy recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code MCBLOG at the checkout!