This flavour-packed sauce from Argentina is full of parsley, oregano, red chilli and lemon juice, for a great boost of Vitamin C to protect the body against free radicals.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 561 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 41g / C: 48g / F: 23g
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 300g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 8 and boil a kettle.
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthways and add to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then remove from the pan and place on a baking tray, rub with 2 tsp of oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the red pepper on a baking tray and stuff with the tomatoes, drizzle over 1 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Heat a frying pan with 2 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- To make the chimichurri sauce; finely chop the parsley, garlic and chilli, and mix with the oregano, 1 tsp olive oil, the juice from the lemon, and season.
- To serve, thinly slice the steak, place on two warm plates and spoon over the chimichurri sauce. Serve alongside the baked sweet potato and red pepper stuffed with tomatoes.