Creamy coconut chicken infused with fresh ginger & lemongrass, served with pak choi, baby sweetcorn and nutty black rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 597 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 49g / C: 54g / F: 21g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 100g black rice
- 80g baby sweetcorn
- 1 pak choi
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- 40g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 20g fresh coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 150ml boiling water.
- Peel and slice the ginger into matchsticks. Trim both ends of the lemongrass stalk and finely chop. Trim the sweetcorn and slice in half lengthways, cut the pak choi into 4cm pieces, removing the stalk end.
- Thinly slice the chicken and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a medium-sized pan on a medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp tsp oil and fry the ginger and lemongrass for 1 min, then add the chicken and cook for 8 mins, turning occasionally until turning golden. Then add the baby sweetcorn and pak choi for 2 mins.
- Then add the creamed coconut to the pan and simmer for 5-10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the black rice on two warm plates alongside the coconut & ginger chicken. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and drizzle with the juice from the lime.