Our healthy cannelloni swaps white pasta sheets for courgette, the perfect nutrient-rich & gluten-free alternative.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 455 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 18g / C: 56g / F: 18g
- 240g cannellini beans (drained)
- 80g quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 300g courgette
- 200g passata
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 40g baby chard
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- Handful of basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the mushrooms. Quarter the tomatoes. Roughly chop the basil. Cut the ends off the courgette and cut into long thin strips using a peeler. You will need 3-4 strips per cannelloni, two per person.
- Drain the beans, add to a saucepan with 100ml water and simmer on a low-medium heat for 5 mins, then mash.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the garlic and mushrooms for 5 mins. Mix the garlic mushrooms into the mashed butter beans, season and stir in the basil.
- For each cannelloni, place 3-4 courgette strips lengthways on a chopping board, slightly overlapping. Spoon a quarter of the bean mix widthways across the courgettes and roll up carefully to form a cannelloni shape. Repeat 3 more times. Then place in an oven-proof dish, pour over the passata and scatter over the cherry tomatoes. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Drain the quinoa and mix with the balsamic vinegar, pumpkin seeds, baby chard and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve the courgette & bean cannelloni alongside the quinoa salad.