This coconut & garlic mushroom ragu is packed with kale and antioxidant-rich lentils, served on a bed of lightly sautéed sweet potato noodles.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 621 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 150g pre-cooked lentils (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 60g kale
- 40g creamed coconut
- 2 tsp tahini (sesame)
- Handful of fresh basil
- 350g sweet potato
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the red onion and mushrooms. Roughly chop the kale and the basil.
- Boil a kettle, dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 150ml boiling water.
- To make the sweet potato noodles; peel the sweet potato and using a peeler slice into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer).
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 mins until softened.
- Drain and rinse the lentils, add to the pan and cook for 2 mins. Lower the heat and add the creamed coconut and kale and cook for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced. Then stir in the tahini and half of the basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the sweet potato noodles for 8-10 mins until softened and turning golden.
- Serve the sweet potato noodles on two warm plates, and spoon over the creamy garlic mushroom and lentil ragu. Sprinkle over the remaining basil leaves.