Creamy tarragon chicken & roasted romanesco
Yield 2 servings
Succulent chicken in a creamy coconut yoghurt, mustard & tarragon sauce with roasted romanesco broccoli. Vibrant green, the romanesco looks similar to a cauliflower and is a rich source of fibre, vitamin C and vitamin K.
- 120ml coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 beef stock cube
- 1/2 lemon1 shallot
- 2 baby romanesco broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 400g baby white potatoes
- Medium handful of fresh tarragon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
2. Cut the romanesco broccoli into small florets and place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 25 mins until turning golden, turning halfway through.
3. Leaving the skin on, cut the baby white potatoes into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 20 mins.
4. Finely dice the shallot and crush or finely chop the garlic. Roughly chop the tarragon leaves, discarding the stalks. Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and shallot for 2 mins, then add the chicken for 7 mins until turning golden, turning occasionally. Add the beef stock, coconut yoghurt, mustard and the tarragon and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
6. Drain the potatoes and roughly crush, season with sea salt.
7. Serve the crushed potatoes and roasted romanesco onto two warm plates and spoon the creamy tarragon chicken alongside.
Allergens: Celery, Mustard
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18 g
Total Carbohydrates 46 g
Protein 50 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.