This juicy chargrilled steak is seasoned with Creole spice, a mix of paprika, cayenne pepper and oregano, accompanied by an avocado salsa, sweet potato crisps and corn on the cob.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 635 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 200g sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 lime
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Slice the sweet potato very thinly and place in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt, spread out onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- In a bowl mix 1 tbsp oil with the creole seasoning and a pinch of sea salt. Place the steaks in the bowl and stir to coat, leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Meawhile, dice the onion and the tomatoes. Peel and de-stone the avocado, roughly chop. Roughly chop half of the coriander. Mix these ingredients together in a bowl with half of the lime juice.
- Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) on a medium-high heat and fry the meat for 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the heat and leave to rest for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Place the corn into a saucepan and pour over the boiling water. Boil for 4-6 mins, then drain the corn and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
- To serve, spoon the avocado salsa onto a plate, top with the creole steak, and serve alongside the corn on the cob and the sweet potato crisps. Sprinkle over the remaining coriander leaves.