This super tasty crispy chicken is a healthy protein-packed version, coated in ground almonds, paprika and chilli to fire up your metabolism, and served with a refreshing avocado salsa and antioxidant-rich purple sweet potato fries.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 617 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 52g / C: 42g / F: 29g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 6 tbsps ground almonds (nuts)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 250g purple sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Thinly slice the chicken into strips.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into fries, place on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place the sweet potato fries in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
- In a bowl, mix the ground almonds with the smoked paprika and chilli powder (add less chilli powder if you like less heat), and a generous pinch of sea salt. In a separate bowl, crack in the egg and whisk with a fork.
- Place each strip of chicken into the egg and then into the spiced ground almond mix. Place the chicken on a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray and into the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway, until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile peel and de-stone the avocado and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a bowl, roughly crush the avocado with a fork and mix with the tomatoes and half of the juice from the lime. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the crispy chicken strips on two plates alongside the purple sweet potato fries and avocado salsa. Drizzle over the remaining lime juice.