Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 532 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 80g quinoa
- 200g courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan of 300ml boiling water. Simmer for 15-20 mins, then drain.
- Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Place the red pepper on a baking tray, drizzle over 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the tarragon and drain the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas in a bowl and coarsley mash with a potato masher. Using a grater, grate the courgette and squeeze out any excess water. Add the courgette to the bowl with the chickpeas, chickpea flour, chopped tarragon and 2 tsp oil. Mix well and form into 6 fritters.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the courgette and chickpea fritters for 4-5 mins each side until golden brown.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir through half of the juice from the lime and the red pepper. Season to taste.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado. In a bowl, season the avocado and mash with the back of a fork for a minute. Stir in the remaining lime juice.
- Serve the red pepper quinoa on a warm plate and top with the 3 fritters slightly overlapping. Spoon over the crushed avocado.