Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 625 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 80g quinoa
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 30g pickled sliced jalapenos
- Handful of coriander
- 240g kidney beans (drained)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 20g creamed coconut
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan of 200ml boiling water for 15-20 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile finely slice the red onion and red pepper. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly. Finely chop the jalapenos and the coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan. Drain the kidney beans and add to the pan with half of the smoked paprika and the jalapenos and cook for 5 mins. Remove from the pan, set aside and cover.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the onion for 3 mins, then add the red pepper and fry for 5 mins. Stir through the remaining smoked paprika.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the creamed coconut with 20ml boiling water to form a sauce. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- When the quinoa has finished cooking, drain and mix with the kidney beans and half of the coriander. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve: spoon the quinoa and beans into a bowl, top with the red pepper and onion, then layer over the sliced avocado. Drizzle over the coconut lime sauce and scatter over the remaining coriander leaves.