Aine Carlin's flavour packed falafel stuffed mushrooms roasted in the oven are studded with pistachios.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 590 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful of parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 30g pistachios (nuts)
- 1 leek
- 80g quinoa
- 100g kale
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas (reserve the liquid). Mash with a fork. Roughly chop parsley and add half to the chickpeas along with 1 tsp cumin, crushed garlic, juice of ½ lemon and 1 tbsp of the reserved liquid. Season generously and thoroughly combine.
- Remove mushroom stalks and brush all over with 1/2 tbsp oil. Season inside and dust with 1 tsp of cumin. Divide falafel mixture between all four mushrooms. Finely chop the pistachios and sprinkle on top. Bake for 25 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced leek. Season and sweat for 5 mins until it softens. Rinse quinoa and add to the pan along with the squeezed lemon rind. Cover with 150ml boiling water. Simmer for 15 mins until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat but keep covered.
- Wash, trim and roughly chop the kale. Transfer to the quinoa pan and cover, allowing it to wilt in the steam for around 5 mins. Fluff the quinoa with a fork, season, add remaining lemon juice and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Stir through remaining parsley.
- Serve the mushrooms alongside the quinoa tabbouleh.