Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 564 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 43g / C: 47g / F: 22g
- 2 x 150g trout fillet (fish)
- 80g brown rice
- 20g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 100g mangetout
- 1 pak choi
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (fish)
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Slice the end off the pak choi to separate the leaves. Trim the mangetout. Zest the limes.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in 400ml boiling water. Rinse the brown rice, place in a saucepan with the creamed coconut and a pinch of sea salt, place a lid on the pan and simmer for 25-30 mins. Add more boiling water if needed. Drain the brown rice and stir in the remaining lime zest and lime juice into the rice.
- Trim the lemongrass and finely chop, finely chop the garlic and the red chilli. Place half of the lime zest, half of the lime juice, the lemongrass, chilli and garlic in a bowl with half of the fish sauce. Place each trout fillet in a foil or parchment parcel and cover with the lemongrass mix. Place in the oven for 8-10 mins or until cooked through.
- Heat a dry frying pan on a medium heat and toast the sesame seeds for 2 mins until turning golden. Set aside.
- Heat the same frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the pak choi, mangetout and the remaining fish sauce and cook for 4 mins.
- Place the coconut rice on two warm plates and top with the lemongrass trout, the sesame seeds and remaining lime juice. Serve alongside the pak choi and mangetout.