Ginger gives a zingy flavour to these kebabs, which helps with digestion and fights inflammation.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 640 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 43g / C: 67g / F: 25g
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 80g brown rice
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (sesame)
- 1 lime
- 1 mango
- 1/2 red chilli
- 4 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked, then drain.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Place in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and half of the juice from the lime. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cut each beef steak into 8 pieces and place in the bowl with the ginger and lime. Stir to coat and leave to marinate while you prepare the salad.
- To make the mango salad; peel and chop the mango into small cubes, removing the stone. Trim the sugar snap peas and slice in half lengthways. Finely chop the red chilli (removing the seeds for less heat). Place the mango, sugar snap peas, chilli and sesame oil in a bowl and stir in the remaining lime juice. Set aside.
- Thread 4 pieces of the beef onto each skewer. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the beef for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, place two ginger & lime beef skewers on two plates, and spoon the mango salad and brown rice alongside.