This Goan inspired chicken curry is made with creamy coconut milk, spinach and cherry tomatoes. We serve this alongside antioxidant rich black rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 646 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 80g black rice
- 160g sweet potato
- 60g spinach
- 40g creamed coconut
- 4cm ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut (sulphites)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water, season with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and finely chop the garlic. Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 100ml boiling water.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat, add the garlic, ginger and garam masala for 1 min, then add the chicken slices for 2 mins until browned, followed by the sweet potato for a further 5 mins. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour in the creamed coconut and simmer for 10 mins, then add the spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 mins until the chicken in cooked through.
- Drain the black rice.
- Serve the Goan chicken curry in a warm bowl, sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and serve alongside the black rice.