We are celebrating the season of sweet summer peaches by making them the star ingredient in this dish. We've chargrilled peaches and served them with buckwheat, roasted hazelnuts and a zesty lime and chilli dressing.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 489 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 120g buckwheat
- 2 peaches
- 1 red onion
- 30g hazelnuts (nuts)
- 200g tenderstem
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- Handful of mint
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Finely slice the mint and finely chop the chilli.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 500ml water. Rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with the stock, simmer for 15 mins and drain.
- Thinly slice the red onion and trim the tenderstem. Add the onion, tenderstem and hazelnuts to a baking tray with a drizzle of 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Slice each piece into 6 segments, removing the stone. Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium-high heat and add the peaches. Cook for 3 mins each side until softened and chargrilled.
- Drain the buckwheat. Stir the mint and chilli into the buckwheat along with the roasted onion and tenderstem. Add half of the juice from the lime, season with black pepper and mix well.
- Serve the buckwheat on a warm plate and top with the griddled peaches. Scatter over the toasted hazelnuts and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.