Butternut squash has just come into season, it's is an excellent source of immune-supportive vitamin A, so expect to see more of it on the menu this Autumn.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 473 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 46g / C: 30g / F: 22g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 400g butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Handful of mint
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into 2cm cubes. Place the squash onto a baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, dice the red onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Roughly chop the mint leaves. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins until golden brown. Season with sea salt and black pepper then add the red onion, garlic and smoked paprika to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then add the roasted squash, harissa paste and chopped mint to the chicken and mix well.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
- Serve the harissa chicken and squash on two warm plates alongside the sliced avocado.