These juicy harissa spiced pork meatballs are served on a bed of sauteed aubergine & tomato sauce.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 497 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 150g pork mince
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- Handful of parsley
- 80g millet
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 aubergine
- 60g spinach
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp honey
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and boil a kettle.
- Finely chop the parsley. In a bowl, mix the pork mince with half of the harissa and half of the parsley and season with sea salt and black pepper. Roll the pork mixture into 12 meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil over the meatballs and place in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown and cooked through. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop or crush the garlic and cut the aubergine into 2cm pieces. Heat a pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic and aubergine and cook for 7 mins until the aubergine has softened. Stir in the spinach, chopped tomatoes, honey and remaining harissa and cook for a further 5 mins; season to taste.
- Drain the millet and stir through the remaining chopped parsley.
- Spoon the parsley millet onto a plate, serve alongside the aubergine sauce and top with the pork meatballs.