We've paired hazelnut roasted pork loin with a sweet fresh red cherry & shallot salsa. Red cherries are perfectly ripe at this time of the year and are a great source of melatonin for healthy sleep.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 619 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 47g / C: 40g / F: 32g
- 2 x 170g pork loin
- 100g fresh red cherries
- 1 lime
- 80g quinoa
- 1 shallot
- 1 red chilli
- 40g baby chard
- 15g hazelnuts (nuts)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat oven to 190C / gas mark 5.
- Crush or roughy chop the hazelnuts.
- To make the dressing; finely dice the shallot and finely chop the red chilli. Zest the lime. Add the shallot, red chilli, lime zest, juice of the lime, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Place the pork on a baking tray and pour only half of the dressing over. Place the pork in the oven for 15 mins until cooked through. Halfway through cooking, turn the pork over and sprinkle over the hazelnuts.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa and place in a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins, then drain.
- Cut the red cherries in half and de-stone. Add to the bowl of the remaining dressing to make the cherry salsa.
- Slice the pork diagonally. Place the quinoa on two warm plates and top with the pork, serve alongside the baby chard and spoon over the cherry salsa.