Makes 8 cups| Type: Breakfast
Here at Mindful Chef we are firm believers in good food. By good food we don't just mean great tasting, but food that is ethically and environmentally sourced and nutrient-dense. As part of this we love to include plant-based meals as part of our diet, provided that the ingredients are organic or ethically sourced and complementing our nutritional needs. Hence why we have teamed up with Solla Eiríksdóttir to offer you a selection of breakfast recipes from her new cookbook Raw that make the most of natural, plant-based ingredients and superfoods to kick start your day.
- 3 cups (9 oz/255 g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (5 oz/150 g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (5 oz/150 g) chopped almonds
- 1/2 (2 oz/50 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 oz/75 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 bags favourite chai tea
- 2 tablespoons sweetener, such as coconut palm sugar, maple syrup or date paste, optional
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz/35 g) sesame seed paste (tahini)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the granola
For the sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4
- To make the sauce, pour 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/120 ml) water into a bowl, add the tea bags, and let soak for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags and pour the tea into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the granola, put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Pour in the sauce and stir together until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
- Put a baking sheet on an oven tray. Spread the granola mixture onto the sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so it bakes evenly and does not burn.
Book credit: Raw: Recipes for a Modern Vegetarian Lifestyle by Solla Eiriksdottir is published by Phaidon
Image credit: Eric Bajada