Sticky honey & ginger chargrilled salmon skewers served with a vitamin-packed rainbow slaw of sliced carrot, radish and sugar snap peas, and fibre-rich brown rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 512 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 36g / C: 47g / F: 23g
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets (fish)
- 60g brown rice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4cm ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 1 lime
- 50g radishes
- 150g carrot
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 4 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a pan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. In a bowl, mix together the honey, tamari, ginger and half of the juice from the lime. Place half of this mixture in a separate bowl. Cut the salmon fillets into bite-sized pieces (around 2cm) and place in one bowl of the sauce to marinate for 10 mins while you prepare the salad.
- Meanwhile, to make the rainbow salad. Peel the carrot and cut into matchsticks (or use a julienne peeler or spiraliser if you have one). Slice the radish and sugar snap peas thinly. Place the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and the remaining lime juice.
- Thread the salmon pieces onto the skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil (making sure it is well oiled to prevent sticking), add the salmon skewers for 10-15 mins and turn every 2-3 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
- Drain the brown rice.
- Spoon the brown rice onto two warm plates, top with two salmon skewers and serve alongside the rainbow salad. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the rainbow salad and skewers.